Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate in Cognitive Neuroscience at UCL.
Applications are invited for the post of Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate at the
UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience , University College London.
The position is full-time and is available from 1st October 2007 until 30th September 2009, working on an MRC funded Research Grant: "Crossmodal attention and multisensory integration in the human brain", held by Professor Jon Driver in collaboration with Martin Eimer.
The post-holder will play a leading role in conducting research in association with Professor Jon Driver, concerning multisensory integration in the human brain, as studied with fMRI, TMS, concurrent fMRI-TMS, EEG, MEG, and psychophysics, in both healthy controls and neurological patients. The post-holder will design, implement, complete and write up experiments, in close collaboration with Jon Driver and others.
Essential skills include:
* Strong research experience in human cognitive neuroscience
* PhD in cognitive neuroscience, psychology or a related field
* Experience in conducting research with any or all of the following methods;
fMRI, MEG. EEG, TMS, psychophysics
* Interest and knowledge in the research fields of selective attention and of multisensory integration,in the normal and damaged human brain.
* Experience with software used for fMRI, MEG and EEG datasets
* Strong record of publishing in high-impact peer-review journals in the fiel
- Some expertise or experience in somatosensory processing would be welcome.
Salary will be within Grade 8 of the academic salary scale, from £33,779-£35,837 plus £2,572 London Allowance, depending on knowledge and experience.
Applications (e-mail or hard copy) by covering letter, CV and Personal Information form (the latter available at: http://www.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/info/Personal_Information.doc ), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to Kathryn Knapp, UCL Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR.
If applying by e-mail please submit all requested information in one .pdf file named by your surname (eg Smith.pdf) to email@example.com . Further information concerning the post is at: http://www.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/info/driver_rf.htm
Taking Action For Equality
The closing date for applications is 31 August 2007
ICN, 17 Queen Square
London WC1N 3AR UK
-- Christian Ruff, PhD Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience & Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging University College London 17 Queen Square London WC1N 3AR United Kingdom Phone: + 44 (0)207 679 1125 Fax: + 44 (0)207 813 2835