Position: Electrical Planner (Nuclear)
Location: Pickering, Ontario
Salary: $38 - $43 per hour (This is a 6 month contract)
* Directly responsible for assembling “Passport" work orders necessary to support C&I maintenance/refurbishment activities associated with the plant.
* Works with engineering and construction personnel to identify and scope discreet work packages. Develops "partnerships” with assigned construction or maintenance foreman
such that work packages are delivered to the field "ready to work."
* Must be able to read and understand drawings with an emphasis on wiring and logic as well as vendor manuals.
* Must be familiar with calibration, traceability, set points, and different testing methodologies.
* Must have computer skills related to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. An understanding of Passport or a commercial nuclear power automated work management system is required.
* Must have good written and oral communication skills.
* Must be comfortable in participating in or delivering pre-job briefings as requested by foreman.
* Must be innovative and able to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to (based on past experience) identify typical parts required for component overhaul and maintenance activities such as transmitters, sensors, actuators and component pieces.
* Must recognize that this a "service provider" position and that the final customer is the worker who executes packages in the field.
Experience & Education Requirements:
Any of the following satisfy the experience and educational requirements for initial assignment as Electrical Planner (Controls and Instrumentation Planner):
(1) 15 years nuclear experience with at least 3 years in nuclear electrical maintenance/modifications as a superintendent, foreman, or crew supervisor (Lead Planner Requirement).
(2) 10 years nuclear experience with at least 5 years in nuclear electrical maintenance/modifications discipline with a High School Diplpma Passport work management system experience (Portal 97) is desired.
(3) 5 years nuclear experience with at least 3 years in nuclear operations I maintenance I modifications discipline with a 2 year technical college degree or Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
To apply copy and paste the following link into your web browser (or click on it if your email program has HTML enabled):