[Date Prev][Date Next]
[cdn-nucl-l] FYI : Neutron Capture Therapy meeting June 9-14 [FW]
From: Hanna K Koivunoro [mailto:koivunor@CC.HELSINKI.FI]
Sent: Wednesday May 09, 2001 10:03 AM
Subject: the YMNM 2001 - last call
Holding of the 2nd Young Members NCT Meeting in June 9-14 depends
now on the pending decisions of our sponsors. For sponsors it would be
very important to know as soon as possible who all are going to attend the
meeting. We are willing to arrange the meeting also for small number of
The scientific programme, accomodation and the cruising trip between
Stockholm and Helsinki including meals will be sponsored. There might be
also possibility for some travel grants for those whom it's totally
impossible to participate without travel grant. If you are in that
position, please let me know.
Please, confirm your willingness to participate the meeting as soon as
possible. In addition to your name, let me know your institute, field of
research and subject of your report at the meeting. Please, send it latest
on Friday evening May 11 for me (email@example.com). The holding of the
meeting will be confirmed to you on Tuesday May 15.
Looking forward to see you in June,
Proposal for the 2nd YMNM in North - Sweden and Finland
· June 9-14, from Saturday to Thursday
· Studsvik BNCT facility (Sweden) (three first nights in Studsvik)
· by the sea (from Stockholm to Helsinki and back; two nights in boat)
· FiR 1 BNCT facility in Finland
· BNCT from basics to the newest tricks
· need for profound and comprehensive interdisciplinary knowledge
· summer meeting especially for young scientists
· Radiation physics (again - to the basics), Chemistry (why the compound
development is so hard, present compounds and their chemical bases),
Radiobiology (what can a rat/cell tell about the man), Clinical issues
(shouldn't be too startled on the protocols when there is decease in the
clinical trials), The protocols (who is doing and what & where & why),
Emerging area of research (all the new tasks and gadgets), Treatment
planning (from the imaging to the beam schemes), Positioning (from the
beam schemes to the real head positions and fixation techniques),
Dosimetry (in vivo and the more standard arrangements), Microdosimetry
(the challenges of the lineal platform), Boron distribution (the Great
temporal and spatial uncertainty), Beam technologies (engineering
· lecture handouts
· young members abstracts
· "senior" lecturers
Plan of the meeting schedule
Saturday (in Sweden) 9.6.
· Arrival in Sweden by air, sea, train etc.
· Transport from nearest railway station or airport bus stop to Studsvik
· Settle to the Studsvik hotel
· Get together
· Welcome at 10am: overlook at the conference program & preparatory
· Sessions etc.
· Sessions + Studsvik facility tour etc.
· Sessions + lunch
· Bus transportation to the Stockholm harbour
· the boat (Silja Serenade/Symphony) leaves Stockholm at 5pm
· Sessions on the boat from 4pm to 8pm
· Dinner etc.
· Boat arrives in Helsinki harbour at 9.30am
· Bus transportation to FiR 1
· Sessions (at the VTT) + FiR 1 facility tour
· Coffee break, lunch etc.
· Bus transport to Helsinki center /harbour with Helsinki sight seeing
· Boat leaves Helsinki at 5pm
· Dinner & closing
· Boat arrives in Stockholm at 9.30